LEGAL LOOKBOOK: HOW TO HIRE A PHOTOGRAPHER FOR YOUR PHOTO SHOOT
A business guide to hiring and working with a photographer, plus project checklist, a template legal contract, & educational videos on the law you need to know
Are you planning a photo shoot and need to hire a photographer to take your product pictures, lookbook, or social media images, but don't know how to start the process?
Do you know the legal rights that you'll need to secure from the photographer so you own the product pictures and can use them for all of your marketing and advertising purposes?
In the age of Instagram and eCommerce, high quality photographs that convey your brand's visual story and messaging to the public are a must to drive sales.
Smart preparation with the photographer will ensure that the photo shoot runs smoothly so you will get the photographs you need for your fashion business. Poor preparation can lead to wasted time, unusable product shots or photographs that you don't own or can only use for a limited purpose.
A PRACTICAL BUSINESS GUIDE
TO WORKING WITH A
PHOTOGRAPHER & SECURING
THE LEGAL RIGHTS YOU NEED
"How To Hire A Photographer For Your Photo Shoot" is a practical, online course that combines the inside know-how of photographers, influencers, and models, FLS legal tools, and a practical check list to help you proactively work with the Photographer.
What You'll Learn:
- The important subjects to discuss with your Photographer BEFORE the photo shoot.
- How to clearly define the Photographer's services for the photo shoot so BOTH your expectations are met.
- The critical legal issue - COPYRIGHT - involved with hiring a Photographer.
- Downloadable Checklist to guide you through the process of planning out the photo shoot and working with the Photographer.
Business & Legal Tools Include:
- A practical conversation to have with the Photographer before the photo shoot
- Project management checklist to make sure you address critical issues and tasks
- Educational video explaining why you need a Photographer Agreement & Release
- A template Photographer Agreement & Release
- Educational videos explaining the legal language of the Photographer Agreement & Release
"Legal Lookbook: How To Hire A Photographer For Your Photo Shoot" Is An Online Course That:
- Is designed for non-attorneys! No legal experience is necessary.
- Gives you practical instruction on how to work with a photographer and get the products shots you need.
- Provides a template contract vetted by fashion attorneys.
The BIG BENEFITS Of The Course:
- Costs less than 1 hour of the average attorney's billable rate of $350-$500.00/hour.
- You'll save time by avoiding the endless hours of researching the law you need to know to secure your legal rights.
- You'll secure the legal rights you need to use the product pictures to market and advertise your products.
- It will help prepare you to work with an attorney when you are ready to hire one.
- You will worry less!
WE MAKE FASHION LAW EASY
We, Katharyn Bond and Rachel Fischbein, are California licensed attorneys. We each have our own law firms specializing in Fashion Law, and counsel designers manufacturing and selling apparel, jewelry, shoes and other accessories on start-up law, financing, intellectual property, contractual transactions and regulatory matters.
We know firsthand how fashion designers often lack the resources and access to affordable legal resources to help operate and protect their creative and online businesses. The result is the legal affairs are often neglected, leaving a designer at risk for litigation and even the loss of the business in the future.
We've joined forces to create the Fashion Law Studio, an online legal educational platform offering affordable legal resources to empower fashion businesses. The Fashion Law Studio offer online courses that explain legal subject matter based on the practical tasks faced by designers, plus legal resources such as template contracts and "how-to" check lists designed to provide more complete DIY legal solutions.
Our mission is to make Fashion Law easy.
You can read more about the Fashion Law Studio Team by clicking on this link.
SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY.
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS.
Frequently Asked Questions
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: THE FASHION LAW STUDIO PROVIDES ACCESS TO EDUCATIONAL & SELF-HELP SERVICES. WE ARE NOT A LAW FIRM OR A SUBSTITUTE FOR AN ATTORNEY OR LAW FIRM. CONTACTING THE FASHION LAW STUDIO AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN OUR CLASSES DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THE FASHION LAW STUDIO ARE NOT PROTECTED BY THE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THE COURSES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE. WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY KIND OF EXPLANATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATION ABOUT YOUR POSSIBLE LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES, DEFENSES, OPTIONS, SELECTION OF FORUMS OR STRATEGIES. THIS COMMUNICATION IS NOT "ATTORNEY ADVERTISING" OR A "SOLICITATION" UNDER THE NEW YORK AND CALIFORNIA RULES OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY GOVERNING ATTORNEY CONDUCT.